5064 Bishop's Castle, from the original Masterpiece Models ‘Castle’ build, is for sale at £2,500.
Built in June 1937, 5064 was originally named Tretower Castle, being re-named in September 1937. This model portrays 5064 as it would have appeared soon after re-naming, with full GWR lining and the shirt button emblem on the tender, at a time when it was allocated to Newton Abbot. The real Bishop's Castle, in south west Shropshire, was the terminus of the famous Bishop's Castle Railway which led a precarious existance until it finally closed in 1935. It would be nice to think that the GWR intended the re-naming of 5064 as a tribute to the BCR soon after its closure.
DC only, no sound.
Click on the images below to enlarge them or scroll through the sequence